SKY > SKY+ picture breakup

dragon2611

Standard Member
Reaction score
I only have a single feed but I bought 2nd hand + box off a friend who upgraded to sky HD as I wanted some limited recording functionaly.

However since I changed the box over and had sky re-pair the card and enable recording i've been getting a lot of picture break up that I never had on the previous box. (It shows up even worse on a recording but it's on live channels as well)

The SKY+ box is a drx180 i think. The standard box was a thomson in the flow design.

I had sky out about a few months back due to the picture breaking up and they changed the LNB and that solved that problem

Signal strength is around 70% (at a guess meter the signal test page doesn't show strength, but sometimes on the + box it will nosedive to half way)

Signal quality remains the same at around 3/4 full i think the strength suddenly taking a massive nose dive is the problem.

Did try a different hdd in it but found it couldn't keep up when doing a chase play (Don't think it's related to the signal issue as it worked mostly with the orginal hdd apart from the signal break ups).

Did think of trying to change the cable between the wallplate and the box just in case it's that (need to get another one first)

If that doesn't do it then I might have to go back to my standard sky box as that appeared to work

Will sky pair the card again considering they've just changed their system to show i now have a + box and paird the card with the + stb?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom