1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+, Sky & Freeview distibution to 5 TV's

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by a1bert, Oct 13, 2004.

1. a1bert

a1bert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have Sky+ and Sky (Multiroom) and terrestrial tv all connected to a distribution amp.

Just upgraded aerial to digital/Freeview (needed new install!)

Now Sky+/Freeview can be viewed around the house but Sky is 'interfered' with.

I am using a standard 1 in 4 out amp and would like to know if I can get an amp that will take all three signals and distribute them clearly.

Due to new extension on house will be looking for 7 or more outputs on the amp too!

Any help would be appreciated.

2. dlovell

dlovell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    satcure.co.uk have a lot of info and kit to handle this. You could try just changing the output RF channel from the SKy box from the installer menu and see if that makes a difference (there's lot of rules I was told about to do with 5 and 9's channel spacings etc - you can get a very good ebook download from satcure)

I ended up with an 8 way slx distribution amp that has inputs for catv dab roof aerial and sat which then output down to your sky box in the lounge where you can mix in the vcr signal too etc and then return to the loft amp for distribution of everything to up to 8 rooms. Amp also passes on the magic eye remote extender signals too. Cost about £70

I'm sure there will be someone along soon with far better technical explanations than I could give but I went thru similar pain in the summer and found satcure a great starting point.

3. a1bert

a1bert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks.

I'll take a look at satcure.

I know about the uhf channel seperations - Sky+ is set to 69 and sky set to 39 (just above channel 5).............

ummmmmmm.....just thought because I now have freeview aerial not analogue are the freeview channels on uhf seperate frequencies???? Is it possible for uhf 39 (sky) to be used by freview???

4. Nicebernards

Nicebernards

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have too have a similar problem.

I can't get the magic eye to work with my SLX8B. I know the magic eye works as I have tried it at the main box. I can watch Sky in the bedroom but have to turn over from the lounge, it's a real pain, any help would be much appreciated.

:lease: