1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+, single input recordings

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by jackeen, Dec 22, 2004.

1. jackeen

jackeen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Folks,
    I've had sky plus for a few years now and have just moved to an appartment which has only a single input so cant get an additional feed or stacker installed. :mad:

question ?/

the box will not turn to a channel that is to be recorded automatically. I have to remember to change channel myself before hand. This oviously will not work if 2 different channels are to be recorded during the day. It will not warn you that it is time for a programme recording while watching another also - or am I being thick !!!

Any advise or suggestions :lease:

Can one record terestial programmes from a stardard aeriel or additional freeview digibox ?? would the sky +box see them as the second channel ??

cheers jack

2. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    Sky + needs two satellite inputs. And no one of them cannot be an analogue aerial or Freeview box.

3. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can select the programme you want to have advanced warning for by either going through the planner or by searching for the programme via the banner and then just select that programme, which you would probably have done previously? When that programme is about to start it will tell you, you can then chop to that channel and press record. Hey presto!

4. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,205
    I seem to remember this is possible using an LNB Switch ( a simple manual switch should cost under £10 plus 2 cables to connect this to the Digibox) To try it out first connect your Cable to Dish Input 1 first - this is the connecter to use for normal viewing. Secondly switch off Digibox, disconnect from mains - preferably at the socket - change the cable to Dish Input 2, this is the connecter to use for recording, try recording 2 progs on different channels - this should work, if it does buy your switch and cables and hey presto (although you need to switch manually for unattended recordings)

5. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Firstly, you cannot connect the Sky+ box to an LNB switch and hope that it works. The reason for this is because you have to have two cables connected at all times to record two different channels. You stated connecting one cable to input one and then connecting it to input two to test it out! secondly, you will only be able to record two programmes using this method if they are both on the same plane i.e. either horizontal or vertical. An LNB connected to a switch cannot work both planes at the same time, this can only be achieved by a twin output LNB or a more expensive switcher. Thirdly, SKY+ actually records from both inputs 1 and 2. If this wasn't the case then you would only be able to record two channels if one of the other channels had finished recording. As an example....if you recorded a programme on bbc1 that started at say, 8pm and at the same time you started recording a movie at 8pm, if the bbc1 programme finished at 8.30pm and you wanted to record something at say, 9pm on bbc2 then the box would just record from whatever input becomes available first.