Sky+ signal quality

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by SFT, Dec 18, 2004.

1. SFT

SFT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As everyone on the forum knows Sky quality varies from channel to channel, and (if my eyes dont deceive) even programme to programme on the same channel! My new plasma is really showing up the poor quality channels :thumbsdow After checking the signal strength in the services menu it tells me that I have max signal on both input 1 and 2 :thumbsup: - however the quality meter reads 50% and 70% repectively. Anyone know why this is and if I can improve the quality of the signal?

2. audiop

audiop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a new 32" 100hz widescreen and am experiencing the same pic quality variations with sky - if you find out how to improve things let me know.

3. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    The new breed of 100htz tvs are terrible for showing up poor source material ,not a lot can be done unfortunately.Other than choosing a display which is more nuetral.My first 100htz was a panasonic 32pd30 and is was unwatchable when the broadcast was poor.On the other hand when it was fed a good feed ie dvd or sky news etc is was unbeatable.The bad outweighed the good and it had to go.