Sky Signal Quality ...

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Taz, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After screaming in a mad fit at my box for constanly locking up the picture :)blush: ) I checked the system details to find my signal strength at around 75% but signal quality at zero.

Whats the cause LNB fault? its a fairly old LNB but a new intallation..BTW its raining could that have an effect?

If it is an LNB fault, what do I need to look for when buying a new one?

Cheers

:)

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Rain will certainly absord/mask some of the signal reaching the dish which if you have low readings in clear weather will certainly mean you will lose the signal in bad weather.

The trouble is when you get picture breakup there are a number of things that can cause it.
    1) Dish Alignment
    2) LNB
    3) Cable
    4) Tuner

Quick test is to see how your box performs on someone elses dish, if it's ok then you've removed one potential problem.

I would look at the cable next, if water has found a way in it soon loses it's abilty to carry a clean signal from the LNB to the digibox.
    If you do decide to replace the LNB then you need to make sure you get one compatable with a SKY minidish which is wide oval.

Check out Satcure , they have a good explanation of LNB's plus they sell models that are compatable with a minidish.

3. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. :)