1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky signal problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by manc_valiant, Jun 1, 2005.

1. manc_valiant

manc_valiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pace Sky Digi box which is connected through a communal satellite dish on the roof of a block of flats and I have been having problems recieving certain channels. I get the Sports channel and Sky One, UK Gold etc but seem to have problems recieving the free to air channels which broadcast on freeview, for example i get the message 'No Satellite Signal Being Recived' when i try and watch BBC3, BBC4, ITV2 etc. I have also just noticed that despite the fact it had worked previously that E4 is now suffering from the same problem. It cant be a coincedance that E4 has just moved over to freeview surely?!

Anyway if anyone has any ideas i would be grateful. Someone has suggested that the dish may need to be relocated but it seems odd that its only the free to air channels which are not being recieved! :lease:

2. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try asking other people in the block if they are having the same problem. If so it is the dish/lnb that is at fault. If not, then your box is on the way out.

3. martinalison

martinalison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have problems with my BBC2,3 & 4.I have tried everything but nothing helps,can't understand why you can get all the other channels except these free ones.
    Tried a different box,repositioned my dish,new cable but nothing helped.
    :lease:

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Silly question, but have you tried powering the box down & up again ?

5. manc_valiant

manc_valiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have no joy!

6. martinalison

martinalison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please except my ignorance but is the LNB the thing that picks up the signal from the dish.
    Can you fit and buy new ones easily.

7. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Yes it is, and as long as you have access to the dish, replacement is quite easy. Take a look on Ebay, there's lots for sale there. As long as you fit the old one in exactly the same position, and don't move the dish, you should be OK. Have some self-amalgamating tape to hand to re-seal the connectors from the rain.

8. martinalison

martinalison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had a look on e-bay for a LNB is there anyone in particual that I should get,there are quite a few different makes.

9. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I think I saw an installer on here say that the Raven was the best, but I can't be sure - you'd need to go back through the old posts.