• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky+ signal loss

daz74

Standard Member
Hi all

I have lost the signal on my second feed.I tried swapping the feeds etc but it is still the same.I disconnected everything to check the connections etc and now i cant any signal on my sky + box.So i connected up my old sky box and i am getting a signal through that from my 1st feed but still not the 2nd.I tried the sky+ box again but i still get nothing.

So obviously there is not a problem with the 1st feed as it working fine on my old box.

Anyone know why i am not getting any signal on my sky+ box?

D

dazpem

your box has gone the same thing has happend to me get a new box but not amstrad you can get a brand new hd box off ebay for 175

FRANTIC FRANC

Established Member
The no. 2 input does not always register straight away. The only way to test it is to start recording and then change over to another channel. Next try the signal menu again and now you should have a reading on both.

Cheers, Franc

daz74

Standard Member
That how i found out it wasnt working.I was recording and went to change the channel and it said no signal being received.

I can only get a signal from feed 1 when i use my old sky box.I cant get any signal now from either of the feeds when i use my sky+ box.I will try and swap the connections on the my quad LNB tomorrow and see if that works.

SimonBalaam

Standard Member
I'm getting a similar problem where my input 1 signal strengh is down to about 10% with about 60% quality but feed 2 are both at about 80% i have swapped the cables over but it changes nothing. Do you think that maybe input one is on its way out and is there a way to fix it?

Cheers

Simon

F

Fugitivewolf6

first thing to check, input cables... make sure a stray wire is NOT touching the inner core... 2nd thing.. switch off for 10 then on. 3rd thing... force an update! if these don't work phone sky and shout, I aint paying you nothing! now come and fix my box!!

oops!! :rolleyes:

SimonBalaam

Standard Member
first thing to check, input cables... make sure a stray wire is touching the inner core... 2nd thing.. switch off for 10 then on. 3rd thing... force an update! if these don't work phone sky and shout, I aint paying you nothing! now come and fix my box!!

I dont think this is the problem as when i switch the inputs the low signal stays on the same input. I will try and force a software upgrade.

Will sky come and repair it then? Surley they will sting me for that?

F

Fugitivewolf6

as i said, jump up and down and scream a lot! throw a wobbly and generally harrass the hell out of em till they say you can have one for free or a reduced fee..

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom