Sky+ Signal Issue

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by stevebez, Jul 19, 2004.

1. stevebez

stevebez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Have a irritating problem here.

Occasionally (mbe once / twice a day I guess ) whilst wathcing Sky thru the PACE Sky+ decoder the sceeen gets the error message Sat Signal could not be found. :eek: Just before this message (very briefly) there is another message that I am unable to see. If I try to change channel here the system appears stuck for a while and then it allows me to change channel. If I then select another channel signal is restored and I can return to the previous channel I was watching ... all back to normal. Problem is sometimes this happes whilst recording and I do not know it has happened. Other than this system works very well indeed.

If I could just cure this problem will be very happy. :clap:

Briefly, system I am using to get dual sat feeds is a stacker/ de-stacker over one cable. Signal quality on both feeds are very high 4 out of 5 minimum. Signal Strenth both below half. I have also had to use a UHF blocker on one feed the stacker/destacker to work correctly.

Any thots ? :confused:

Rgds Steve.

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Although the Stacker/D is technically very clever, it's pushing signals up to 3.4GHz through cable that's specified only up to 2GHz. Bearing that in mind, and the fact that many people use a Stacker/D because they can't or won't replace the existing substandard cable, you have a recipe for a less-than-perfect system.

My advice is to run two new cables temporarily between dish and receiver. If the problem is still there, you have at least eliminated the Stacker/D and the cable as the likely culprits.

One possibility is interference getting into the cable. This is more likely in an apartment block.

3. stevebez

stevebez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Will try this out .. thanks!

Rgds Steve.