1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ Signal from one channel

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by ashleybrown, Oct 4, 2004.

1. ashleybrown

ashleybrown
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My picture keeps breaking up and I loose sound. This only happens on one of the inputs. I have tried swapping the cables on the back of the sky box and all this does is transfers the problems to the other input.

I can't figure out why this only happens on one of the cables from the dish. It does take a different route from the second ( I had standard sky first and which went through my loft. When sky fitted Sky+ they refused to route the cable through the loft and routed it around the house). The cable I'm having the problem with is the one that routes through my loft.

Could it be the connection on the dish? or the route my cable takes?.

I'd appreciate some help please.

Thanks

Ash. :suicide:

PS. Just fitted 160GB HDD and it's really easy and works great. Make sure you purchase the correct tools from maplin before you start.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Each cable is connected to a different LNB (Quad LNB is 4 units in one casing) so it's likely that one of the outputs is faulty or the cable itself is water damaged or has poor connections. Worth checking the connector between the SKY+ and the cable, after that either a warranty call out (if under warranty and removing the 160gig drive) or paying for a call out to replace the cable and/or the LNB.