1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky 'Series Link' Problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by MLS, Apr 29, 2005.

1. MLS

MLS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've been having an annoying problem that Sky have failed to solve... I use Series Links in the Personal Planner to ensure my HDD recorder always records the programmes we like to watch. Most of the time these work perfectly.

However, on a Sunday evening, I have noticed that the Series Links for Dreamteam, 24 and Nip/Tuck all fail to work. ie once the programme has aired, the next episodes are not added to my Personal Planner.

It is only these three programmes that seem to have this problem - all my other Series Links work properly.

Sky assumed it was a software problem, so I updated it, but it still happens. After several weeks of badgering, they have now agreed to test it themselves - by setting the series links for these three programmes on their own box - so I wondered if anyone else out there was having the same problem? Thanks. MLS

2. DOCTOR_d

DOCTOR_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Funny you should say that, Nip tuck vanished from mine last week ????

I've also noticed when you start running low on space, the box deletes programs without asking...... We now put KEEP on everything....

3. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the Sky+ setup menu you can set the disc space management to manual. The default setting is automatic which means the box will auto delete stuff if it needs the room to record something else.

4. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    And yet I've managed to record every epsiode of Nip/Tuck so far using series link with no problems at all...

John

5. DOCTOR_d

DOCTOR_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Many thanks for that, the Mrs is well happy now :thumbsup: and her MOTO GP will stay on forever :D