SKY+ self install

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by MarkB, Feb 25, 2002.

1. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hi peeps,
    I seem to remember some people chatting about installing SKY+ themselves, but the search is coming up with nothing.
    If anyone here has installed SKY+ themselves, please could you explain EXACTLY how it was done?
    Cheers,
    Mark

2. Beamer

Beamer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    1. Install the Quad LNB and confirm you can still receive channels on your old receiver.

2. Install a second coax cable and confirm you can still receive on the new cable using your old receiver.

3. If you intend to carry on using your old receiver at the same time as the Sky+ receiver, install a third cable to the Quad LNB and test it again on your receiver.

4. Subject to all being well, install your old card into the Sky+ box in the card reader behind the plastic door and connect the two LNB cables to your new box and confirm signal strength in the service menu.

5. Make a call back to Sky using the sevice menu to tell Sky's computer that your card is now to be "married" to a new receiver, you will need your box to be connected to a telephone socket for this phase!

6. Call Sky after 30 minutes if your receiver is not automatically acitvated. With Sky+ you will almost certainly have to call to acknowldge the additional cost of the £10 per month.

7. Bingo your new reciever should be alive and well!

Note: The hidden service menu can be reached by choosing the sevice menu followed by setup followed by 0 then 1 on the remote.

Good luck!

3. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Thanks Beamer, i'll give it a go within the next few weeks!

Cheers :)
    mark

4. kblue

kblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you know where can you buy a Sky+ box and LNB without the install?

Thanks!

5. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I dont blame you for wanting to put it in yourself. I have recently had a Sky+ install and the installer used a masonary bit which was totally blunt and managed to cause a cloud of dust that I spent days cleaning up. Any request I had was like pulling teeth as he had the intelligence of a one celled organism. I have also got a multi satellite system with a 1.2 metre dish on top of a 25 foot pole which I installed and setup myself. I wish I had done my sky+ myself instead of taking the easy way out I would have done a far better job.

:mad:

Darren

6. Beamer

Beamer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Kblue

Ther are lot's of outlets out there that will supply the receiver with Quad LNB for £300 without installation. Just phone a few! If all else fails, cal CF Lakes in Slough or High Wycombe, sorry I do not have the number handy but they are in the book.

7. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For a special offer on Sky+ check my entry in the "Special Offers" section.

DaveP

8. kblue

kblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the pointers - will give it a go this weekend!