Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sky+ Self install?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Dre, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Dre

Dre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Was just wondering, I can get the new Pace Sky plus box plus quad LNB for £175 (ebay). Is this worth it...£75 less than from Sky themselves. SO what are the pro's and con's, one question I do have is will it work without telling sky? maybe a stupid/simple question but I am on a premium package so shouldn't get an additional £10 a month charge but if I wasn't would they need to be notified? Any help appreciated.

2. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I had normal Sky, they got a Sky+ box off ebay for the 5.1 sound and used it as a normal SKy box. Had to phone them and get them to match card to box but no problems.

I then decided to get a quad LNB and go to Sky+ when it became free. I put the LNB up and phoned them and they did it all fine with no worries. I think they had to enable the recording bit at their end or something but that was all.

3. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    I've just had the engineer around today, & after swapping a defectiv Sky+ box. He rang Sky who matched the card to the box. As well as discouraging theft of boxes /cards it make matters difficult using personal cards for commercial viewing. I half think £75 extra for the Quad LNB, coax, & fitting (relocate the boxif desired) isn't too bad. You also have Sky to complain to, & their warranty - if it doesn't work ( for what it's worth) I think SS is right & you can call to sort it out. But all the messing for £75?