1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY+ Second SCART lead gives visual defects.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Stu Ward, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Stu Ward

Stu Ward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My Panansonic PWD7 is great, but my setup is giving me problems

SKY+ through its primary SCART lead through an RGB - YUV convertor. Picture is absolutely fantastic.

DVD Player goes through SCART to the Second SCART connection on SKY+

Watching a movie creates a pink tinge at the top and bottom of the screen. Sometimes the whole black bars are actually red.

Now connect the same DVD player via the same SCART lead to the Same convertor box direct and the black bars are jet black and the picture is superb.

Obviously pointing to the second SCART connection on my SKY+ box

Is there anything i can do ?

Thanks

Stu

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Erm I didnt think that the second scart socket on the Sky boxes were designed to be used as a pass through but both were designed to output instead - ie you have one RGB one going to your TV and a second (originally non-RGB) going to your recorder

What you need to do is get a scart switch and have the sky box and dvd going into it and then it going to your convertor

3. Stu Ward

Stu Ward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've got a SCART block (lead with 3 inputs at one end)

Only trouble is i think the sound goes very quiet for some reason whilst passing through this

Is there one in particular that could be recommended.

Stu

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    What you have is a "passive device" (i.e. it contains no amplification). The audio and video outputs on a scart were designed to drive one input. If you connect them to more than one input, the output becomes overloaded and the signal level drops. This is causing low sound levels, and could also be causing your picture problems too, because low video levels are not always manifested as dull pictures.

What you need is an amplified splitter, which I'm sure you can get from places like Keene Electronics and I think Maplin do them too.