• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

sky+ second RF

Fibretear

Established Member
I have a standard (now quite old) sky box that appears to have just broke.

I will probably get a new sky+ box, but I use the second RF out on my current box with a magic eye in the bedroom.

Do all sky+ boxes have a second RF out for this purpose or do I need to specify something specific when I call them

Thanks

G

Davey H

Established Member
All Sky boxes have RF outputs. Though your current remote wont work with Sky+ or HD boxes,so it may be worth getting a second remote for the bedroom.

Last edited:

d8ean

Standard Member
similar problem for me;
sky hd in main room - magic eye via aerial in the kitchen
new hd box installed - and enabled the RF output in the engineers menu, but i still cant control the magic eye in the kitchen; do i need to do something else or is there a code for the remote???

TIA

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
similar problem for me;
sky hd in main room - magic eye via aerial in the kitchen
new hd box installed - and enabled the RF output in the engineers menu, but i still cant control the magic eye in the kitchen; do i need to do something else or is there a code for the remote???

TIA

Are you using an HD remote in the kitchen?

d8ean

Standard Member
Are you using an HD remote in the kitchen?

yes, originally had HD;

update - installed the new sammy 8 series last night so stripped everything down, put it back together again with the new telly, and now the magic eye is working - so im assuming the engineer had done something wrong......

next problem - 8 series sammy has no scart sockets :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fibretear

Established Member
Having spoken to sky I can get my box fixed for £55, or get a new sky+ box for just £210, or a sky HD box for £110 + 1 years subs at £10 per month.

Don't have much need for the HD but it's priced such that you might as well have it, they told my standard sky+ boxes were not made anymore.

So can I assume all the HD boxes have a RF2 out for use with Magic eye?

G

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom