Sky+ Second Location Picture Format RF2

jonpca

Standard Member
Anyone have any ideas...

I have an Amstrad Sky+ box. I have an output off the RF2 connection to an amplifier in the loft sending the signal to 2 other locations.

In Picture Settings I have the main picture format set to 16:9 for the WS TV next to the Sky box. I have the second location picture format set to 4:3. However the picture format arriving in the 2 second locations is not 4:3! It is 16:9 squished to fit on a 4:3 TV! Only when I change the main Picture Format to 4:3 does the format change in the second locations! But I don't want 4:3 in the main location!

I thought that logically all I would have to do is change the second location setting and that would be it!

I have tried switching the output to RF1, incase they were labeled or connected incorrectly - but that didn't fix it.

I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Thanks

Jon

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Anyone have any ideas...

I have an Amstrad Sky+ box. I have an output off the RF2 connection to an amplifier in the loft sending the signal to 2 other locations.

In Picture Settings I have the main picture format set to 16:9 for the WS TV next to the Sky box. I have the second location picture format set to 4:3. However the picture format arriving in the 2 second locations is not 4:3! It is 16:9 squished to fit on a 4:3 TV! Only when I change the main Picture Format to 4:3 does the format change in the second locations! But I don't want 4:3 in the main location!

I thought that logically all I would have to do is change the second location setting and that would be it!

I have tried switching the output to RF1, incase they were labeled or connected incorrectly - but that didn't fix it.

I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Thanks

Jon

The second location aspect ratio will only actually change at that location when a remote is used on a magic eye/skylink at that location and will change back when a remote is used at the first location. Also note both locations aspect ratios will change at the same time, it is not configured for using both locations at the same time with different aspect ratios.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom