Sky+ SDI Sweetspot

ChrisOH

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I have an SDI modded Sky box, a Sweetspot SDI card and a Sweetspot video processor. The two cards are connected using the two ribbon cables and I can get a picture through the RGB connection.

I cant however get a picture from either of the SDI inputs. I have DScaler 4.17p4 installed and am selecting the PMS PDI Delux card option (to get the RGB input). I have tried various other options and the manual from the Pixel Magic site but can't for the life of me figure out what I'm missing (XP SP2 and P4 3.2GHz)

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Chris

@ dave plugged in

i know i asked this question b4 but have a new computer now and want to get it up and running now

i have sky plus dual sdi mod and i would like to use the second sdi output to go to my pc what exactly do i need to buy?

i have wintv-HVR-130 installed at the moment and like the FM radio function will i have to lose this?

@ dave plugged in

i know i asked this question b4 but have a new computer now and want to get it up and running now

i have sky plus dual sdi mod and i would like to use the second sdi output to go to my pc what exactly do i need to buy?

i have wintv-HVR-130 installed at the moment and like the FM radio function will i have to lose this?

I'm confused, you have a Dual SDI output sky box, but you don't state where the first SDI output goes to?, I assume you have the sweetspot Dual SDI input or SDI Processor?, and the first SDI output of sky ox goes to it, if so why would you want the second SDI output of sky box fed into the computer?...

Thanks for reply

sorry for confusion

the first sdi output on sky plus box is going to lumagen scaler to my plasma, i would like to make use of the second one now to go to my computer.

i know i can probably just use s video but would doubt any decent picture could be got

Thanks for reply

sorry for confusion

the first sdi output on sky plus box is going to lumagen scaler to my plasma, i would like to make use of the second one now to go to my computer.

i know i can probably just use s video but would doubt any decent picture could be got

If you have the sweetspot video procssor already then get the Dual SDI input, if not then you have to get the SDI Video Processor which uses the PCI slot, you cna always get a USB TV card.., althoguh without the FM i'm afraid...

dont have the sweet spot video processor is this all i need plus an sdi cablethen to watch sky on my computer?

will i have to take out the win tv card?

Hi Brendan

Meansizzler is absolutely correct (thanks!) , you just need the SweetSpot SDI card and SDI cable and you are all set. It would be criminal to use SVideo when you have a free SDI stream coming out of the back of your Sky box!

regards

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom