1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ & Screen Burn

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by RobShell, Sep 24, 2005.

1. RobShell

RobShell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my first Plasma and very pleased with it :smashin:

But after reading through the posts here and the manual there seems to be a real issue regarding screen burn :(
    How bad is it really, my concern is we pause the tv alot with sky+ sometimes up to 60mins at a time, could i risk screen burn as there is a logo bottom left hand side while its in pause ???

Rob

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +474
    probably not (depending on the screen) but if you're pausing for an hour why not just put the screen in standby? problem solved :)

3. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Why would you want to pause Sky+ for so long? Slightly off-topic but why not just press the record button instead and play back what you missed later, has the same effect of live-pausing but you don't leave a static image on the screen. Also has the advantage of allowing someone to watch another channel until you come back.

4. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I've trained the wife to do exactly what mep suggested - if she's going to pause Sky+ for any length of time, she always turns the screen off.

John

5. RobShell

RobShell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep i'm going to have to train the wife also she does not intend to pause for so long but when she gets on the phone...... i think neilmc's idea would be best stop pausing and press record instead ;)

Rob

6. Dave

Dave
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,392
    My sister looked after my house for a week while we went on holiday and I gave her a ten minute lecture about the tv. The dogs took about 20 seconds. :rotfl: