1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky & Schneider

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Taz, Dec 1, 2001.

1. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, a mate of mine has just had Sky fitted, so he bought himself a Schneider TV (from ASDA) When i went to hook it up for him the most strange thing is happening... when TV Guide is pressed on the Sky remote the TV switches to CH.5! the Sky box does go to the EPG.... but you cant see it coz his Sky ch. is AV1 input not ch.5!

any ideas? this one has me puzzled

Cheers

Taz.:cool:

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Hi

Have heard of this happening before. It is not a malfunction.

When certain buttons like 'tv guide' are pressed, the default function is for the tv to be switched to one of its scart sockets.

However, the sky remote does have the facilty to select one of the normal channel numbers on your tv, instead of scart, if it has been programmed as such.

Was your sky system or remote previously owned?

Info on how to reset/reprogramme the sky remote can be found at: www.sathelp.co.uk/

At the top, select 'sky remote codes'

3. polegirl

polegirl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The basic remote code for Schneider is 0065 on the sky remote Ver 8 or 065 for the earlier remotes.... this is a generic TV code that will work with most Tvs.... try it!!! look at Sky Services to set the code!!!:smashin: