1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ scart to svideo?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by stevegh, Jul 29, 2005.

1. stevegh

stevegh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK I've been searching the forums but I can't find a definitive answer so can anyone tell me once and for all, I want to connect my Sky+ to an amp that only takes s-video connections. Will either of the scart sockets support that without losing the colour?

2. paulfoley

paulfoley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    The Sky+ Box has its very own S-Video Scocket. I use this connection to my LCDTV & it produces a nice picture (try & use a good quality gold plated lead e.g. Ixos). Bear in mind however that SVideo lacks automatic Widescreen Switching.

:smashin:

3. stevegh

stevegh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul, thanks for coming back to me. I already have a scart to svideo lead (from something else) but I don't have the projector set up yet so I can't test it. I just need to know if it will work rather than spend more money on a new svideo to svideo lead.

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    It will definitely work. I use an s-vid cable to feed the Sky+ box to my amp, fed from the dedicated s-vid socket on the Sky+ box.

5. stevegh

stevegh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, I am not explaining this very well.
    I already have a scart to svideo/stereo audio lead. I don't want to buy a new svideo to svideo lead if I can help it.
    I need to know if either of the scart sockets at the back of the Sky+ will output to svideo properly or whether it will transmit in black and white.
    Thanks

6. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The scarts on a digibox or SKY+ do not output s-video, you will get a B&W picture.

The few quid spent on a s-video cable is far better value then a expensive rgb to s-video convertor:)

7. stevegh

stevegh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers, perfect answer
    Thanks