1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY Scart RGB to S-Video

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dirk_Diggler, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it worth my while buying a Scart Rgb to S-video convertor (about £35). My Sky box only outputs scart. Would the picture quality picure be better than my single composite cable which i am currently using? :rolleyes:

2. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    The TV capture card in Windows XP Media Center Edition system has either s-video or composite input. Using a cheapo converter from Maplins gives a great improvement in picture quality.

What sort of projector do you have that only has composite or s-video inputs? Doesn't it have component?

3. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a themescene H30A. I already have a S-video Cable running from my DVD Player to the projector and would just like to use the same cable to put sky through.

4. Lucas

Lucas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I got a Scart RGB to S-Video converter from keane electronics and it gives me a better picture than composite.

5. binbag

binbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    A quick search revealed that this PJ takes scart RGB adapted through its DVI port. This is your best picture option with your sources. With a cheap scart switcher (£10 from Argos) you can upgrade your DVD image too.

6. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the quality better than S-Video??? I am a bit clueless when it comes to all this stuff.

"this PJ takes scart RGB adapted through its DVI port"

what kind of cable do i buy??? Is it scart to DVI cable or something and how much would it cost? I've all ready spent a fortune. :confused:

7. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    I think you'll find an adaptor in the box the PJ came in. A scart-VGA adaptor and a VGA-DVI one. If there is then stick the scart adaptor in the Sky box (TV Output, go into video settings and select RGB Output, 16:9, Contrast Low, SAVE) and the DVI adaptor into the projector - join both with a long VGA lead.

8. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would my DVD player image be better quality through this cable as well or :confused: would my S-Video cable give just the same quality from the DVD player?

9. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Technically yes the RGB should be superior. I would experiment with both and see which you prefer.

10. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the advice, i'll get it sorted out asap. :smashin: