SKY-scart-HDready TV = is it interlaced?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by snadge, Feb 1, 2009.

1. snadge

snadge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    I was told some time ago that my TV 32" HD-ready (768x1366) will upscale / downscale and de-interlace ANY input to 768p (as thats the panels res..)

get this: I have SKY (not HD or + ) and its connected to my HDready TV via scart - now i can notice interlaced lines on some objects - especially the deaf women who stands in corner waving her hands about, theyre there all the time on her...

am I right in guessing that SKY is 576i and my TV is upscaling to 768 but interlacing THAT signal aswell - so if a signal is interlaced it keeps it that way and only re-scales it to panels resolution?

hence if i put my HDMI DVD player on and choose 1080i the image on screen will be 768i , but, if i choose 720p the image on screen will be 768p

2. son_t

son_t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    They are signing for the deaf - this does not mean they are deaf! :rolleyes:
    I think you are wrong on all counts... Your problem is probably due to interference on the SCART cable. Get a quality, shielded SCART cable...

3. tinytim

tinytim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Make sure your Sky box is set up correctly & has Scart Control on as well as as RGB for the output & connect the Scart cable to an RGB enabled scart connection on the TV. Note that not all Scart connections on the TV will be Scart enabled.

I'm assuming that a standard Sky box has these settings as I've a Sky+ box.

4. snadge

snadge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    I know the DEAF statement was just a quick way of meaning exactly that...

Iam using just a cheap scart - ive been told on videohelp.com that its poor upscaling from the processor and allowing artifacts through - but as its constant (too much) I believe the 768x1366 signal is interlaced as is SKY signal....

Sky box has scart control ON (what is that? allows it to switch over when i use sky remote? - yeah it does that)
    in SKY picture settings I have it on PAL (as thats what it should be on? im UK and SKY is broadcast in PAL 576x720 - however choosing RGB theres no difference , however on the SKY setup menu when choosing RGB some interference becomes apparant in the colors (fuzzines) when switching back to PAL it goes away (less of it)
    my TV has TWO SCART sockets at the back and is same quality in either..

what is an RGB scart? - is that "SCART -to- White/Red/Yellow" cable? - my TV has the "AV/VIDEO Port" IN , is it? (with white/red for audio and yellow for video) - would i be best getting one of those scart cables and wiring up to that then choosing RGB in SKY menu? I heard those yellow video ports are better than SCART...