sky scart advice

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
ive set up my brother sky system on a new plasma for him,i notice there is some bleed through from other channels ie you can see lines travelling through the screen,i read once that there is a wire to snip in the scart lead to correct this,any advice please:thumbsup:

Chris Muriel

Pin 8 is the auto A/V switching pin - but I am not convinced that this is the cause of your problem.
Try (borrow, even) a heavy duty , well screened SCART lead and also try disconnecting the other items that are also connected to the plasma in order to find out where any crosstalk might be originating from.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

FRANTIC FRANC

Novice Member
you don't need to cut it :thumbsdow - to test your theory just switch off the scart control in the picture settings. Check that output is set to RGB and see if there is any difference.
Franc

V

vfrkid

FRANTIC FRANC said:
you don't need to cut it :thumbsdow - to test your theory just switch off the scart control in the picture settings. Check that output is set to RGB and see if there is any difference.
Franc
It's pin 19 that can cause ghosting or interference, not pin 8 which is AV switching, remember its the TV end that has to be disconected.

darrenjuggins

Novice Member
A cure, would be to pick an empty TV channel first and then select the AV input, this always solved the problem for me in the past.

it's not technical, but it works.

Cheers

Darren J

Top Bottom