Sky S Video picture problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by berkeley384, May 4, 2007.

1. berkeley384

berkeley384

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    OK , I have 2 new S Video leads going in to the Amp (yamaha RXV657), one from the Sky+ and one from the DVD player(its a Sony by the way 5 disc, no component outputs though)

Out of the Amp is a new Component cable (Red green and blue) going to my Tosh LCD TV

Its doing exactly what I wanted it to do, switching the sound and the picture at the same time.

Also I have turned off "Scart Switching" on the sky box and left a scart lead in place between the so if i dont want the amp on I cn switch to AV1

But there is a problem, The picture from the Component connection is very good when watching DVD's but Im not happy with the sky+ picture, some solid block colours have fuzz around the edges and the programme banner, that is a blue block between two white lines if this makes sence, looks like its not in the right place, like it needs to be straightened up - its hard to explain. With the scart lead it is better.

Ive adjusted the TV settings a little but dont think thats it because DVD looks fab ,

My only thought is that maybe Im jsut unlucky and that its the sky box that just doesnt put out a great signal and the only settings are RGB / PAL and contrast. Or is there more that I dont know about ?

Have you any idea's

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,570
    Just view it via AV1 on your TV (set to input RGB) and Sky from the socket marked "TV Scart" set to RGB out...that's as good as you'll get from a std Sky+ box.
    There are no other settings you can alter.