1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky,s own plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by lnewey6, Aug 7, 2005.

1. lnewey6

lnewey6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hitachi Sky PDP4202 42" Plasma Tv HDTV future proof new
    Brand new personal delivery/set up 12 month warranty price: £1,199.00

has anbody seen a review of it and is it anygood is it a better buy than the panasonic pw7 i was told the sky pannel is the same as the hitachi 5200 which my dad has and i dont really rate it so any help would be appreciated :)

2. martinthorn

martinthorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. lnewey6

lnewey6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    apart from theres a green tinge to peoples faces, strange reflections on peoples cheek bones. when he brought the plasma i expected it to be better than what is is now i have seen it and watched a couple of movies on it to test it out, when i decide to buy a plasma i hope it aint as bad as this one or erlse i will ask for my money back.............. :thumbsdow

4. AndreiM

AndreiM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It sounds like your dads settings are all off as the 5200 will give you one of the best plasma pictures around particularly from DVD. If he has not sat down and properly tweaked all the settings then the picture will be crap but this is the case with all plasmas on factory default settings.

Start by setting the screen mode to Noraml and then turn down your Contrast to approx -5, Brightness -2, Colour -8, Sharpness -15. You should start to see some major improvements. Also check the Hitachi Thread on these forums to see some full picture setting listings which will make massive differences.