sky routers

noviceinstaller

Standard Member
Reaction score
i have 2 sky 4 port routers, but only 1 phone point, is there a way i can use both to create an 8 port router, or would it be easier to buy an 8 port router instead. thanks in advance

you could have 6 ports.
the first router uses 1 port to feed the other router using a port on that one leaving 3 on each

yep ish. you would need to turn off dhcp in the second router
it will work without sometimes and sometimes you will have ip conflicts if you dont disable dhcp in router 2

"log in to the router". connect router 2 and nothing else to lan port on pc. open browser type 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 i forget which. you will be asked for user and passoword = admin / sky
once in there look through all the tabs until you see 'dhcp' disable it.
edit: untick use router as dhcp server
(tip):make the router identifiable with a sticker underneath that its your dhcp off router to distinguish it from your other identical router.
connect the first router (dhcp on) to phone line then the dhcp off router to that router

Last edited:
yep

dhcp gives out ip addresses as items are connected. if both routers are dhcp then duplicate ip's may be given out. i.e connect 1 item to router 1 it gets xxx.xxx.x.7 . connect something to router 2 and it might get xxx.xxx.x.7 too = ip conflict
bolt and braces is to also give the router 2 a fixed ip and tell router 1 to dish out ip's above that ip address only will equal ip conflicts never. as you have it your unlikely to get ipconflicts.
a good way would to be power up router 1 with no devices then plug in router 2. then all other devices. router 1 will pretty much remember to give router 2 that ip all the time

Last edited:
i want a thanks any way lol

a good way would to be power up router 1 with no devices then plug in router 2. then all other devices. router 1 will pretty much remember to give router 1 that ip all the time
did you mean router 2 the ip address?

my bad yes 2. edited

there is a thx button ;-)

Now he's going to try to find a button marked "thx" on his Sky routers :)

So click on the 2nd button from the right at the bottom of leecavturbo's useful advice post.
(adjacent to the "Report Post" button or tab).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom