Sky Roof Install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneStarr

Standard Member
Reaction score
I recently moved into a shared house with no Internet and the landlord has said the tenants have to buy their own broadband, this is not an issue as most of the other tenants do. So I tried to get Virgin and unfortunately my room is the only one at the back of the house. The landlord has been clear that he doesn't want cables running through the house. So when the engineer came he said there was nothing he could do as he would have to go through the house or over the roof which is a no no from virgin apparently.

I see a lot of people on this forum complaining that SKY have installed their broadband on their roofs, this is EXACTLY what I want, so I was wondering if anyone knows if SKY engineers still do this or have they introduced a similar policy to Virgin :confused:

Thanks in advance

I see a lot of people on this forum complaining that SKY have installed their broadband on their roofs, this is EXACTLY what I want, so I was wondering if anyone knows if SKY engineers still do this or have they introduced a similar policy to Virgin :confused:

Sky only install Sky TV. People have complained about Sky satellite TV cables being installed over roofs.

Last edited:
Could all you guys share one connection? ADSL/FTTC is delivered over a phone line which may already be there...

Yes, broadband internet connections can come down a phone line, nothing to do with roofs.
As you've posted in the Satellite TV sub-forum is it actually Sky TV that you're asking about?.

No maybe this is the wrong forum, sorry I meant to enquire about SKY Broadband, not really fussed about the TV but thanks for the help guys will re-post in the right forum.

Yes, broadband internet connections can come down a phone line, nothing to do with roofs.
As you've posted in the Satellite TV sub-forum is it actually Sky TV that you're asking about?.

So are you saying that a phone line could get installed from anywhere?

He's confused with Virgin's "cable broadband" and the fact Sky sometimes install LNB cables over the roof.

You'll have to ask your landlord about installing a phone line then.

Yes, and it's unusual that there isn't one already in any rented accomodation.

Already covered in another thread/post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom