sky rip off again

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by dennis, Apr 24, 2004.

1. dennis

dennis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    ive just had a blazing row with sky,the reason?they have changed the british superbike rounds from sky sports 2 to sky sports extra!,this means if you havent got the whole sports pack then youve had it,i upgraded to save the ten pound extra fee and had sky sports 2+3 and the movies.to add sky extra to my package would cost an extra £7 a month,so ive got rid of the movies and gone for the sprts pack (it works out £2 a month less!,
    the point is, sky said in the magazine they were showing the races on sky sport 2,thats why i got it.:mad:

2. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've just gone down to the value pack from £34 movie world as it's a waste of money for me. I'm strongly considering getting rid of the whole thing and spending the money on a godd freeview PVR instead. Just waiting to see what the Panasonic PVR is like.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    SKY's magazine is a joke and even you give them the benefit of the doubt due to the lead time required for printing there are always going to be late schedule changes due to internal and external influences.
    I hope you saved your "rage" for someone who actually was responsible for this and/or could explain the reasoning and not just the CS rep who it seems answered the wrong phone call:)

4. dennis

dennis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    no, i said to the scots lassie from sky i wasnt having a go at her just sky,i was nice to her:blush: she was ok ive never had any problems with the customer service people,allways found them very helpfull.

snetterton tomorrow:smashin:

broke my collarbone and hand there 8 years ago!:oops:

5. dennis

dennis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    wow just noticed bbc two are showing a whole half hour of brit superbikes:rolleyes:

6. chilpillphil3

chilpillphil3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I might be canceling sky, i now watch terrestrial sky all saturday night now aswell, I rarly watch sky apart from maybe one movie a week.

7. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I just figured that I had a damn fine sounding hifi system and I spend all my time watching repeats of the Good Life (fine show though it may be). I worked out that 95% of the stuff I actually WANTED to watch was on BBC anyway so what's the point. Sky1 is the TV equivalent of the Daily Mirror (awaits flames) and the movie channels show the same re-hashed rubbish over and over. I may keep the value pack simply for Bloomberg for my work and Box Office which is handy sometimes.

However, I need Bloomberg in my office and Box Office in the living room so that involves more aggro.

8. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    SKY's subscription packages are not for everyone, what is surprising is how many people it seems are paying for something they don't use much.
    Bizarre:)