1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ RGsB on Scart to Panny PHD7 via RGB terminal board???

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Eye in the sky, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Eye in the sky

Eye in the sky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there,
    I will be having a Panny PHD7 soon. It will come with the RGB video terminal board TY-42TM6Z which has the RGB RCA + Audio LR connectors. I also have a Sky+ digibox.

To connect my Sky+ digibox to my PHD7 RGB terminal board, I am thinking of using the QED AV19 Scart to 6-RCA phono cable (RGB-RCA + Composite-SYNC RCA + Audio LR-RCA). Meaning connection the QED AV19 Scart from the SKY+ digibox to the PHD7's RGB terminal board using the three RGB RCA connectors only, leaving the Composite-SYNC RCA unconnected.

The Panny RGB terminal board requires the Sync to be on G, I guess technically its RGsB. It has only the RGB RCA (three)+ Audio LR connectors and NO composite RCA!

My question to all is will this connection setup work? IE would I get a good/stable picture from my SKY+ on my PHD7? Most imnportantly, does the SKY+ digibox output RGB wth Sync on G???

SKY+>RGB <--QED AV19 Scart to 6 Phono--> PHD7>RGB video terminal board
    with SYNC on G.

Pls help.

Cheers.

2. KBDVD

KBDVD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Eye! :hiya:

I think you will find that the input board you mention is in fact a Component board not an RGB board?

I think that for RGB "in" you would need to utilise the dedicated Scart board or the VGA input via a JS Scart to VGA converter?

Best Regards,
    Keith.

3. Eye in the sky

Eye in the sky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Keith,
    On the Panasonic PHD7 brochure, it says that Component Video board accepts RGsB (RGB Sync on G). I am saving my VGA input for watching movies on PC. In this case, I really need to use the RGB video terminal board with SKY+.

Are there any solutions? I am thinking maybe the Keene SyncBlaster Backbox RGB processor might do it. In this way, I can keep my QED AV19 cable to stick into the three RGB RCA connectors while leaving the Composite SYNC unconnected. Is this possible???

4. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    AFAIK Sky outputs RGB plus sync on composite, hence you're out of luck. I'll let the experts confirm this.

You could go for a RGB-2-Component converter instead. A bit pricey, but good results by all reports. The alternative would have been a second VGA board, used with an RGB-2-VGA.

Finally, could you not use DVI for the PC and use the VGA for RGB (via the converter).

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    RGB and sync on composite indeed. If you use a dvi for PC, you actually don't need a converter as such, a scart to VGA wired on the right pins will work, cos the VGA can do composite sync, but it's hit or miss, VGA is much more particular than scart. I'd use a VGA box from JS Tech, way superior to the QED or Keene sync separators.