Sky+ Rgb Without Scart Control

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by jasonf02, May 17, 2005.

1. jasonf02

jasonf02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is possible to have RGB output from SKY+ without scart control enabled? At the moment if I switch off scart control within SKY the the display says it is still RGB but it definitely is only PAL.

I all want is RGB without the constant switching between 16:9 and 4:3 that happens with scart control.

thanks

2. derbyjj

derbyjj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    try disabling WSS on your tv if you can. On my toshiba If I cahnge the picture setting from wide or 4:3 it ignores the sky digibox signal.

3. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    presumably the Sky+ is still outputting RGB, you just have to manually adjust your TV to RGB it won't go automatically. Typically you have to press the AV button a couple of times (it varies across TVs). Also setting the TV to widescreen rather than 4:3 will usually leave it in that mode (with scart switching enabled).

I'd urge you to let the TV switch between 16:9 and 4:3, you soon get used to it and will wonder why you ever watched fattyvision.

4. monkeyspank

monkeyspank
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I thought you could do this by yanking out pin 8 on your scart connector. IF you try this, make sure you can repair it again if you want to.