Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

SKY+ RGB output

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Withnail, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Withnail

Withnail

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone else set SKY+ to RGB.
    The bloke who installed my box set it to RGB saying it was better but the colour was too high and I couldn't adjust it on my telly.
    Now I am planning to archive stuff from SKY+ to DVD.
    Is RGB the best setting?
    What I can do is set the Sky box to RGB, the DVD recorder to RGB.
    I don't think my telly can handle RGB correctly (hence the lack of colour adjustment) but I'm thinking at least the recorded image on the DVD will have come from an RGB signal.
    Does that sound logical or am I talking nnonsense?
    ta

2. apj30

apj30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. If your TV supports it RGB is absolutely the way to go, the difference in quality is immediate and obvious.

Are you sure there was no possibility to adjust colour on your TV? Does it let you do that normally if you are not using an RGB broadcast?

Anyway if you are archiving to DVD I definitely recommend using RGB for that.

Hope that helps,

Andy

3. Withnail

Withnail

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Andy,
    I'm going to play some more with my telly tonight.
    RGB is only available on AV1 on my telly whcih doean't have Q'link - so I need to decide which I want.

When I set my Sky+ box and DVD recorder to RGB and plug the signal into AV1 on my telly the picture looks better but way to colourful.
    The brightness and contrast controls on the telly work fine but changing the colour setting has no effect on the picture.
    It also seems to have trouble with 4:3 pictures as well - it stretchs them rather than putting them between black bars.

Basically though I'm thinking, as long as the SKY BOX to recorder is RGB I'll be recording the best signal. Then when I do get a telly that can do RGB I will have recorded a good signal

All these connections and settings are doing my head in :rotfl:

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    you need to have a look at your settings they settings for 4:3 etc are wrong so i think a good read of the manual is in order.........

5. Wackojacko32

Wackojacko32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the same problem with my JVC TV with RGB it wont adjust the colour. I went into the service menu and adjusted the separate Red, Green and Blue gains to reduce it.

Wackojacko32

6. Withnail

Withnail

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know if my Panasonic telly's got a service menu.
    But I'll have a look... thanks