Sky Rf2 Connection

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Barry Shaw, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Barry Shaw

Barry Shaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased 15 mtr satellite co-axial cable. I have switched the RF 2 out on the Sky digi box. I am having problems connecting the male and female connectors to either end of the cable. I have connected them but have no signal. Does anyone have an idea of the best way to do this. The other alternative is to buy a cable with the male and female co-axial already connected. I will need 10 mtrs min so may be a problem to find a co-axial cable long enough and suitable for satellite signal.I have a magic eye to connect the other end so I can change channel.:confused:

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Welcome to AVForums! :hiya:
    Try here (great site) and consider doing it this way :)

3. Ricky27

Ricky27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +204
    Hi Barry and welcome.

Not sure why you need to use sattelite cable for your RF 2 out, after all it's not a sattelite signal you are sending, just an RF one, any COAX should do the trick here aslong as it is unbroken so it can transmit the small voltage needed for the magic eye to work.

4. Barry Shaw

Barry Shaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your replys guys and I will try to connect it. The magic eye instructions recommend I use Digimax Satellite distribution cable or equivalent co-axial cable so I Just asked the guy in Maplins and he gave me this. I will try it otherwise I may have to try some other cable as this cable is very wide and difficult to work with. Thanks again.