Sky RF2 and Loftbox

smiffs

Standard Member
Reaction score
Ok, Sky signal direct from dish to box.

Loftbox upstairs hosts the line from the TV ariel.

The 'living room' connection on the loftbox goes to the sky box (havent decided to what yet, bear with me :eek:)

The 'UHF' connection on the loftbox goes to RF2.

Problems....

When I put the 'living room' connection to either the TV or RF in (hence cant decide which is best!), I get sky and digital TV on telly 1, but only digital on the others around the house (via the loftbox). No Sky signal whatsoever despite retuning the TV's to find it.

If I leave the 'living room' connection totally out, I get no TV signal anywhere, but I do get a Sky signal all around the house. :confused:

The Sky RF2 is not returning a full set of signals, both TV and Sky its one or the other. Is this right?

One thing I have noticed....I put a portable next to the sky box and connected it to RF2 via a magic eye and NO RED LIGHT! :mad:

So I tried the 'system 4 0 1' thing to turn the 9v RF 'on', guess what, even though 0 is not meant to be shown, nowt happens. It stays on the system menu. I cant find the RF function at all. Its an Amstrad box, maybe 2 years old.

lets start, by making sure the analogue channels are tuning in, are they?

lets make this clear,
the cable from the sat dish goes to sky box.
the aerial connects to box in the loft and then comes down to aerial in on sky box then rf1 goes to tv by sky box rf2 goes to secondary tv.
this is how it should be set, we will come back to the loft box later

lets make this clear,
the cable from the sat dish goes to sky box.

yes, direct, not via loftbox.

the aerial connects to box in the loft yes

and then comes down to aerial in on sky box yes via 'living room'

then rf1 goes to tv by sky box yes

rf2 goes to secondary tv. yes (but to portable in the 'test' scenario)

this is how it should be set, we will come back to the loft box later

:)

In this instance all I get it TV signals......no sky from the RF out.

are the analogue channels tuned in?
to change the rf modulator, just to be sure you are following the correct method
services-4(system set up) then 0-1 select - then 4 (rf outlets) rf power supply on.

also make sure the rf channel number is on 68, this is the default and usually free....35 is also a good number to use
it does sound like the rf modulator is conflicting,

Yes, all Tv's are tuned in, they get the analouge signal when everything is connected, and then sky if RF in on the sky box is omitted. Its either one or the other.

It appears impossible for me to get to the RF function on the Sky box.

As I understand 'zero' isnt shown, regardless I press 'zero' in section 4 but nothing.

Even if I shout at it really really loudly, it doesnt come up. :mad:

The external TV aerial should go directly to the Sky box RF in. Not via the "loftbox"

RF2 from the Sky box goes to Aerial, (UHF?), on the loft box. All other outputs from the loftbox go to other TV's.

once you are in services 4 it is three button presses
1st= 0
2nd=1
3rd=select

It appears impossible for me to get to the RF function on the Sky box.

As I understand 'zero' isnt shown, regardless I press 'zero' in section 4 but nothing.

Read the instructions given: Services/4/0/1/SELECT......

There are reasons it is called a "hidden" menu

smiffs, at the moment i am assuming the aerial connects via the loft box as the cable is not long enough to reach your sky box, this is fine and that is why i said we will come back to that box later, lets just get the basics right first.

Way hey.

After actually getting into the 'hidden menu' by properly doing what Stevenage Neil so politely said, I managed to switch in on and then changed to channel 35..........alll singing and dancing.

:clap: :smashin:

Thanks for you pateience...if ever you need any structural calcs doing dont hesitate to ask. ;)

are the analogue channels tuned in?
to change the rf modulator, just to be sure you are following the correct method
services-4(system set up) then 0-1 select - then 4 (rf outlets) rf power supply on.

also make sure the rf channel number is on 68, this is the default and usually free....35 is also a good number to use
it does sound like the rf modulator is conflicting,

thought it was my instruction? oh well

thought it was my instruction? oh well

Yes it was, I apologise and thanks.

I was going into 4, then pressing 0 and waiting for something to happen, which obviously it didn't.

:oops:

Only on your later post did it explain it was a '3 phase' thing, which I tried and hey presto!!

no worries, glad to help. good luck

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom