Sky+ RF out frequency

Davemazo

Established Member
Reaction score
I`ve just had a Pace Sky+ box installed to replace my old Sky box which is now in another room as part of the multiroom package. I have a magic eye in the bedroom which always worked fine with the old box. Now it doesn`t work at all, all I get is interference. The new Sky+ box was not tuned to the TV but was set up using scart. I assumed this was the reason the magic eye was not working. I have turned on the RF2 via the 4,0,1 menu but I still only get interference. I have tuned in the TV on channel 6 but the picture is very grainy, it never was on the old box, it was perfect.. The rf frequency is set to 68, the old box is set 38 , could this be the reason the magic eye is not working. If so how do I change the rf frequency. I can get to the option via the hidden menu but I can`t change it. Highlighting the option and pressing select does nothing. Am I missing something?

You need to select the rf number so it shows ni yellow and then press the number keys on the sky remote to select the new frequency. Once you ahve done this moev down with the arrow keys to say. Try starting with a low number or if 38 worked well before use this again.

Doh
As soon as I posted I went downstairs and had another fiddle and sussed it but that only made it worse despite 38 working fine on the old box. No matter what I do I can`t get rid of the grainyness?? when I watch Sky through channel 6, scart is fine. I removed the vcr from the equation but that made no difference. I don`t even get a grainy picture through the magic eye, I get nothing but interference. Now the light doesn`t even come on on the magic eye. I wish I hadn`t bothered.

Davemazo said:
Doh
As soon as I posted I went downstairs and had another fiddle and sussed it but that only made it worse despite 38 working fine on the old box. No matter what I do I can`t get rid of the grainyness?? when I watch Sky through channel 6, scart is fine. I removed the vcr from the equation but that made no difference. I don`t even get a grainy picture through the magic eye, I get nothing but interference. Now the light doesn`t even come on on the magic eye. I wish I hadn`t bothered.

Try plugging the lead from RF2 in without the skylink......if the grainy pic is now clear.........the skylink is faulty......probably a loose connection inside it.
If the picture is still weak and grainy examine carefully the connection/coax plug where it plugs into RF2.......if this is okay you have a faulty digibox.
If CH38 was okay on the old digibox it should still work okay on the new one.

Thanks Jaycee. Sorry for the late reply, I`ve been away. The picture when viewing channel 1,2,3,4 is fine through the magic eye. When viewing through channel 6 which is Sky the picture is grainy and the magic eye does not now change Sky channels. The TV aerial plugged into the Sky box seems fine, I have plugged it straight into the TV downstairs and the picture is acceptable. I have 2 magic eyes, (though only one is being used) and neither works since the Sky+ box was installed

Dave ....have you enabled power supply ?

services
4....0....1........select
go to 4 (RF outputs).......make sure power supply is switched to on....save

See if that makes any difference

Yes done that thanks Mark. I`ve switched back to the original TV upstairs even though it`s a lot older. But now even that doesn`t work. As I said picture on channels 1-5 are great, I just can`t see anything from Sky, just a load of mush. I think a call to Sky to get them out to sort it is in order as it was fine owith the original box before the Sky+ box was installed

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom