• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky RF out and wall plates

Guru86

Novice Member
Good evening

We have recently moved into a house that has sky and aerial wall plates in the living room. Next to these is a double wall socket. Then in the kitchen and two upstairs bedroom there are single sockets. I have set up the living room using the sky sockets with no issues but when tried tunning the bedroom TV into freeview nothing works.

I think this means if I connect my RF2 out on the sky box to the socket in the living room this will send the signal to the other sockets in the house?

Also which lead connector do I need for the RF2 on the sky box? Each cable I have doesn't fit.

Sorry for my dumbness but gave never seen this set up before.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
It's just a standard coax patch lead, female on the connection to rf2 out on the Sky box to male on the connection to the wall plate. If you have a male to male lead, then a coax coupler will convert it.

Example

Coaxial Cable Coupler Female Pack of 10

winston2010

I think this means if I connect my RF2 out on the sky box to the socket in the living room this will send the signal to the other sockets in the house?

Maybe. You also need an aerial connected to the RF in of the sky box. As it (the sky box) is feeding 3 external sockets there may be an amplifier somewhere. This will need power perhaps to be sent from one of the 3 sockets.

Guru86

Novice Member
Yes the previous owners left a labgear amplifier and some dodgy instructionz so trying to work it out. Do I need the aerial plugged into sky box or can I just use the sky?

winston2010

Yes you will need an aerial plugged into the sky box if you want Freeview. Without the aerial you will only be able to see the channel the sky box is tuned to. This will be an analogue channel.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom