sky reply

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by squid, Dec 27, 2001.

1. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i sent a complaint to sky about there logos over a month ago . i finaly got a reply today . thought it may be of interest

Dear Mr Pointon
    Thank you for your e-mail which has been passed to me for my attention.
    Please accept my apologies for the delay in our reply which, unfortunately,
    has been unavoidable.

Having noted the contents of your communication concerning the on-screen
    logos on Sky channels, I should point out that in our efforts to expand the
    breadth of quality programming available via Sky, we are always in the
    process of launching new channels. With this in mind, we feel that the logos
    benefit viewers by helping them to identify and locate these new channels.

I should add, however, that our Programming department is currently
    reviewing the situation and, as a matter of course, your comments on this
    matter have been passed on for their information.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to us and for your
    interest in Sky. Should you require any additional assistance, please
    contact the Sky Digital Customer Service Department directly on 08702 40 40
    40 or alternatively, e-mail us at skydigital@bskyb.com
    <mailto:skydigital@bskyb.com> and we will be happy to help.

Yours sincerely

David Clarke Customer Care Department

so they are finaly "reviewing the situation " it's abou time . i hope we may see an end to these nasty things in the future . they are no longer needed now that we have epg . a quich press of a button and we all know what chan we are on and what's on it so why do we still have to put up with them

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Logo's and screen burn.

I was listening to backchat the other day when i heard the reply to this customers question;

He was getting quite worried about the amount of time his daughter was watching digital radio and the static image on his screen (screen burn)

Sky's reply;
    Yes you are worrying to much, we have spoken to our technical staff and they have said "your daughter would have to watch digital radio 24hrs a day 7days a week for 6months before it would damage your screen

If you want to hear it for yourself you should still be able to catch it on backchat untill the end of december.

So there you go, Sky say's it won't damage your screen, so when it does will they replace your TV.

3. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well for most of us on this forum the radio aint a problem we just turn the tv off and listen though are lovely systems

in my opinion if you leave the radio on on a rearpro tv or a crt pj then you deserve all you get (a nasty box burnt in to the screen)

as for sky saying "your daughter would have to watch digital radio 24hrs a day 7days a week for 6months before it would damage your screen"

we all know how much of a crock of sh**e that is don't we . there technical dep are obviously a bunch of dipshi*s

on-screen logos are a knightmare though we can't get rid of them . if we want to watch a channel they are just there and they should not be . i don't watch tv at all on the pj for feer of burn (i have to make do with the 32" tv)

i want to be able to watch stargate on the pj but if i did i would not be able to enjoy it for the wory of burn that is allways there in the back of my mind

4. xyznicko2577

xyznicko2577

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the answer to this is DON'T subscribe to these channels and make it clear why when they ask, then eventually the message will get through especially if hurts them commercially.

I 've seen some replies to letters to Sky where the Sky representative states that it's not possible for the red icons to be removed permanently via some kind of software switch on your digibox!!!, what a load of B*****ks.

5. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Sky could at least tone down their logos and make them translucent like other channels.

Sky News is by far the worst. It is just TOO bright and intense.

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "watching" digital radio?