Sky+ repair

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by WeirdFish, Oct 10, 2003.

1. WeirdFish

WeirdFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I've got Sky coming out today to replace yet another crashed Sky+ box.

Anyway I've had to wait a week and was told by sky that its an all day appoint. Which sucks, how can they not, at least, narrow it down to am/pm.

I got a phone call from the engineer this morning confirming that he'll be here today between 6pm & 8pm!!

So not only have I had to have a day off I've also now got to cancel tonights plans as well.

He better just change it rather than the last "let me just try and reboot it" farce I had last time.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Totally agree, while giving you a specific time is not practical he/she must surely be able to tell you where you are on his appointment list and therefore give you a reasonable estimate.
    Alas when ordering SKY or having a call out the potential cost of missing work or making other arrangments with family friends has to be factored into the decision on making appoinment dates.

3. WeirdFish

WeirdFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Well they turned up early & changed the unit without question. Shame really as I was looking for a row :blush:

They've changed the model as well and I have to say it looks awful.

The other one wasnt exactly the best looking thing but this one looks homemade! I cant see a make on it so I have no idea what it is. Still at least it works.

4. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pace make both versions. The Mk2 is probably a cost-cutting exercise as usual. Whether it will be any more reliable than the Mk1 remains to be seen. Amstrad are supposed to be importing a SKY+ Digibox soon so there'll be some competition then.

Fman