Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

SKY Repair Plan

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Ian182, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Ian182

Ian182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Has anyone upgrading from SKY to SKY + managed to transfer their SKY Repair Plan ? I'm only 6 months into mine, having got a "Buy One Year, Get Another Year Free" offer earlier this year. SKY tell me that its not transferrable, and that I'd have to cancel my current one and take out a new one at the standard price of £99 per year. Seems a bit pricey though - is it worth doing, or am I better waiting for another offer to come along ?

2. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    i am in the process of trying to get mine changed over i paid £99 for 3 year cover of my old sky box in feb but got my sky + installed in sep, they say they will switch over cover to my sky+ box as the cost involved is the same but i will only get 2 years cover in total (1 yr warranty + 1 yr protection plan)

they said it will take a few weeks to sort it out.

3. Ian182

Ian182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Thanks Chic !
    Once SKY + is installed, I'll give them a ring and get them to do that. Seems a bit unfair that you lose the extra year's cover, but having already paid 5 direct debits, I'd rather have something than nothing.