Sky+ remotes, Sky-link and HD Box question

Scapegoat

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Upgrading to Sky HD.

Currently have RF2 outlets in other rooms and use Sky+ remotes to control the main box.

Will this work with the new HD box?

Upgrading to Sky HD.

Currently have RF2 outlets in other rooms and use Sky+ remotes to control the main box.

Will this work with the new HD box?

I do believe the Sky+ remote does control the HD box but I can not confirm this but I'm sure some one will

I do believe the Sky+ remote does control the HD box but I can not confirm this but I'm sure some one will

Yes the Sky+ remotes works fine with the HD box - personally I prefer the Sky+ remote to the SkyHD one. The HD remote also uses the same codes to control TVs.

Are you sure the Sky+ control works with Sky HD?

I am having real trouble with my Magic Eye/ TV Link in our bedroom!!! SInce getting Sky Hd it no longer seems to work - but when I re-connect the Sky+ box back it works a treat!!! I have checked all the obvious solutions - ie checking the RF Outout is turned on!!! but no joy!! (with the Sky HD box connected the red light on the back of the TV Link is turned on - but neither the HD or the Sky+ remotes work!!!)

Anyone got any ideas how to solve this? or any differnet solutions that would work to control the HD box from a different room?

Thanks

Adam

You need press the services button on your remote and the go to no. 4 'system set up' - then on your remote press '0' '1' and then Select - this will give you the administrator page.

Go to item 4 'RF Outlets' and then turn on 'RF Outlet Power Supply' option. Also it was suggested to me by the sky intaller guy to set the RF channel number to as lower number as possible - mine is 21. The lower the signal the longer the signal will channel - so giving better quality over shorter distances.

Go to item 4 'RF Outlets' and then turn on 'RF Outlet Power Supply' option..

He's already got it turned on as witnessed by the led on the link being lit.

Also it was suggested to me by the sky intaller guy to set the RF channel number to as lower number as possible - mine is 21. The lower the signal the longer the signal will channel - so giving better quality over shorter distances.

Don't believe everything you're told by a Sky installer :rolleyes:
That's rubbish.

Hi Guys,

I have been having the same issue. No problem before SKYHD install, then problems with the tvlinks after. Done all the usual checking of connections and RF2 as well as changing a spare tvlink. I did eventually get it working ok. Then, when the anytime update downloaded it stopped again. I have reset the box twice, got the system up and running twice (not sure how) but then get up the next morning and guess what, no working Tvlink. Phoned sky and was told try turning off the auto standby (maybe a known bug?). I think its more likely to be something to do with Anytime as this is the time that most of the issues started. I have now disabled that as well as auto standby. I am on the third day since this was done, I have not lost the connection yet. I now have fingers crossed that this was the problem.

Hope this helps :)

Kevin.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom