• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky+ Remote with Sagem 45" TV

A

alanactionk

Hi All,
Have just got a new Sagem 45" (Last Fri) and I have hit probs right away. I find that it's not compatible with Sky+ remote control. (not listed) Has anyone else got this problem? Can anyone give me a solution? The control switches the TV on and off and selects chanels, but doesn't control sound etc.

Cheers

alanactionk :lease:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
alanactionk said:
Hi All,
Have just got a new Sagem 45" (Last Fri) and I have hit probs right away. I find that it's not compatible with Sky+ remote control. (not listed) Has anyone else got this problem? Can anyone give me a solution? The control switches the TV on and off and selects chanels, but doesn't control sound etc.

Cheers

alanactionk :lease:

Have you tried all the codes for Sagem in the Sky Customer Services, Remote Control help within the "Interactive" menu?

A

alanactionk

Thanks for the response friends. Still no nearer any solution. I have even tried searching Sagem.com support so I could send them an email, but even though there is a contact (in french which I didn't use) when I get the right country (uk), there isn't any contact for any emailing. Unless anyone knows better? Not being a Techie, I am still struggling using the Sagem remote for just sound only, (Sky+ remote for the rest) I take it that we can't reprogramme the Sagem remote to control Sky+? or can we? Befuddled and confused. Why we can't use Sky+ with a new TV properly in this day and age, whatever the make of TV!
I wish Sagem or the retailer had told me that we couldn't use the two together - before I bought the set, likewise with Sky+ to which I have only recently subscribed. arrrgggh!!

Thanks again

alanactionk

JayCee

Distinguished Member
alanactionk said:
Not being a Techie, I am still struggling using the Sagem remote for just sound only, (Sky+ remote for the rest) I take it that we can't reprogramme the Sagem remote to control Sky+? or can we?

No, unlikely.
Have you tried finding a code using the search facility detailed in the Sky+ user manual.?

alanactionk said:
Befuddled and confused. Why we can't use Sky+ with a new TV properly in this day and age, whatever the make of TV!
I wish Sagem or the retailer had told me that we couldn't use the two together - before I bought the set, likewise with Sky+ to which I have only recently subscribed. arrrgggh!!

Thanks again

alanactionk

I really can't understand why you are getting so hot and bothered about this:confused:

You buy a TV to watch because you like the picture/the price was right/you like it's appearance or whatever...not because another piece of equipments remote operates it...if it does that's a bonus...not a god-given right.

M

merlin200sx

i have the sagem 45 and just had normal sky fitted
i cant even get the sky remote to operate anything on the tv !!
how did you get your remote to switch your tv on and off
(what code did you use)

thanks

JayCee

Distinguished Member
merlin200sx said:
i have the sagem 45 and just had normal sky fitted
i cant even get the sky remote to operate anything on the tv !!
how did you get your remote to switch your tv on and off
(what code did you use)

thanks

Use the "search for a code" section detailed in the Sky user manual.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom