SKY remote - tv operation

E

eracdave

Hi Guys,

Having just moved from a Philips PW9617 CRT tv to a Samsung LE32R8 LCD I am struggling with trying to get the sky remote to operate the TV.

Anyone got any codes/ideas?

Thanks Dave

From your Sky box, if you go into interactive services, then select number 5 (remote set-up), it actually lists almost every TV manufacturer there is, then every model of TV that that manufacturer has ever produced, and what the Sky code is to control that TV via the Sky remote. And it gives you full instructions on how to key it in.

Also if its an old sky remote,it wont work with the new/er lcds,you wil need a rev8 version:smashin:.

From your Sky box, if you go into interactive services, then select number 5 (remote set-up), it actually lists almost every TV manufacturer there is, then every model of TV that that manufacturer has ever produced, and what the Sky code is to control that TV via the Sky remote. And it gives you full instructions on how to key it in.

It DOES NOT list every TV has ever produced by a particular manufacturer far from it - it merely lists the most popular sets from that manufacturer. I have two new TVs one a Samsung LCD and one a Goodmans CRT neither of which are listed and I had to search through all the manufacturers codes to find the correct one.

Admittedly it is a good place to start together with this site
http://www.letsautomate.com/pdf/SkyRemoteTVCodes.pdf but there still very many TVs not listed on either.

Thanks Gyus!

You are right - the sky listings are not comprehensive BUT choosing a model number that most closely resembles my own has worked.

Appreciate your help....:thumbsup:

Now - who can help me come to terms with the fact that I prefer my old philips crt to my new samsung lcd....???:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom