1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky remote to select ext1 channel

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by nobbydog, Sep 23, 2003.

1. nobbydog

nobbydog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've recently purchaased an lcd tv with 4 scart inputs. I currently use one of the inputs with an rgb scart from my Grundig Sky box (not Sky +). My question is can the Sky remote be reprogrammed to select the scart channel instead of channel 6. Whenever I have the ext channel correctly selected the picture obviously is better than that on channel 6 via the aeriel-type cable. As soon as I use the Sky remote for, say, the channel guide, it reverts back to channel 6 and the naff picture.

What I need to know is the procedure for reprogramming the remote to always select the ext channel instead of channel 6.

Hope thats clear, any help greatly appreciated.

2. CKB

CKB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Have you selected 'Scart' from the picture menu (via 'Services) - and have you also switched from 'PAL' to 'RGB' in the same menu ?

3. Andrew_B

Andrew_B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Try this. You can cycle through the inputs on your TV with the Sky remote by pressing TV and then Select. When you have the correct input selected, cover the front of the remote with your hand and press the 'Sky' button to return the remote to digibox operating mode. If you switch the digibox on and off or press the 'Sky' button, your TV will jump away from RGB again, it's a pain, innit.