Sky+ remote to control Samsung Cinema volume

chaplin35

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have Sky+ HD box, Samsung LCD TV (about 3-4 years old) and I just bought a Samsung BluRay player Home Entertainment System with 5.1 speakers (model HT-D4500). My remote has been set up to control volume on my TV but now I'd like it to control volume on the new system instead. I've got following setup.
Sky+ box uses SCART lead to TV (gonna get HDMI soon). Sky+ uses digital audio to new cinema system. New cinema uses HDMI lead to TV.
Any help is very welcome.
Thanks

Welcome to AVF.
Some people have got their Sky remote controlling sound systems, but surely it's time for a proper universal remote with that up to date kit?

Thanks for your reply. I would like to have a go with the Sky remote first. Any instructions or codes I could try to set up the Sky remote please?

Do a Google search for "Sky codes, AV receivers".

I did a quick search on AV forums and found this from another thread, so when you find the code for your Samsung Home Cinema kit, do the following;

1. Turn on the AV amplifier you wish to operate, press the TV button on the Sky+ Remote.
2. Press and hold down the Select then the 0 (zero) buttons on the Sky+ RCU until the LED blinks twice.
3. Input the 4 digit number from the Sky+ Remote direct set code list pages. The LED should flash twice to confirm that the code was entered successfully.
4. Use the Left navigation button on the Sky+ Remote to try and switch the AV Amplifier into standby. If the standby button works then the other AV Amplifier functions should also work and the correct code has been selected, if not, try a different code

There is what's known as a 'Punch Through' method to control amp volume only instead of TV volume when using Sky+ remote normally
Press tv button
1. press and hold 'select' and '1' until led flashes twice
2. Press sky button
3. Volume and mute should now work on your amp

Last edited:
Got it :) I'd tried few different codes like these here:
1340, 0510, 0060, 0656, 1227, 1452, 1609, 1896, 2165 and none of them made my AV to work.
So my magic number was 1323. And using the "Punch Through" I can turn it on/off and change the volume so thanks a lot guys.

Hehee, I got my magic number - 1323
I also tried other numbers so anyone looking for Samsung codes then try these:
0510, 1340, 0060, 0656, 1227, 1452, 1609, 1896, 2165
And Punch through works as well so I can turn it on/off and change volume on my Samsung AV thanks to you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear it - and thanks for letting us know and know again.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom