• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SKY+ remote reprogramme for new TV

D

Deleted member 245896

Hi
Have just bought New LG TV
Model LG 26LC46LCD
but cannot get sky or LG to give me the code to re programme the Sky+ remote it is REV6 so I believe latest and buttons have sky at top.
Has anyone purchased this TV and have the Code necessary,?
Any help appreciated I am fed up with phoning the automated calls press this then press that.GRR!!
Heres hoping.
Kate:lease:

F

Fatwaz

as he says not all tv's have codes and with newer ones appearing all the time teven the latest sky remote might not have them.it also need the tv makers to cooperate with sky and tell them the codes but not all do this.

tonkie

Prominent Member
Hi
Have just bought New LG TV
Model LG 26LC46LCD
but cannot get sky or LG to give me the code to re programme the Sky+ remote it is REV6 so I believe latest and buttons have sky at top.
Has anyone purchased this TV and have the Code necessary,?
Any help appreciated I am fed up with phoning the automated calls press this then press that.GRR!!
Heres hoping.
Kate:lease:

0206 is a popular code for LG

boryc

Standard Member
I had this problem with my new samsung tv, sky gave me the code but said i would need to try it with the newest remote - which i now believe is the rev8, avalaiable on ebay for a tenner.

They said if this code didnt work then when the new code became avaliable then you would need this rev8 remote!

D

Deleted member 245896

Hi all
Thanks for advice and help.
L.G say they need the code from SKY Doh!
Will re try 0206 I am getting confused with different ways of entering the code.
Have tried the sites recommended but nothing for my model.

Its amazing how inconvenient it is having to use the two remotes, or maybe thats my granny age showing. Ha!

If I buy the rev8 would I be wasting a tenner???

So good to find such a friendly bunch.Thank you all.
kate

tonkie

Prominent Member
Hi all
Thanks for advice and help.
L.G say they need the code from SKY Doh!
Will re try 0206 I am getting confused with different ways of entering the code.
Have tried the sites recommended but nothing for my model.

Its amazing how inconvenient it is having to use the two remotes, or maybe thats my granny age showing. Ha!

If I buy the rev8 would I be wasting a tenner???

So good to find such a friendly bunch.Thank you all.
kate

Press TV
Then red and select at the same time( red light blinks twice)
Then press TV again
Then enter 0206 ( red light should blink twice again)
Then press the stand by button(TV should turn off)
If it does press select again, you will then be able to use your Sky remote to control your TV.

If it did not turn off either the code is incorrect are your remote is the wrong version

D

Deleted member 245896

Hi All
SKY have actually replied and admit they do not have a code for this model and in anycase say I will need the new remote.
Is Rev8 the latest sky+ remote?

I am wondering whether to wait a bit as if they bring out an even newer remote and still havent issued a code will I be wasting my money???
(Granny has to think of the pennies:smashin:.
Thanks again everyone
kate

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom