sky+ "remote record" sending me insane! Please Help

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by llol_slim, Feb 7, 2009.

1. llol_slim

llol_slim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Oh god, please help me!

I got sky+ installed today and am trying to set up remote record (so i can use tioti tv+ on my iphone) but when I use tioti it says "We were unable to locate the requested programme ib the sky+ listings website"

SO ... I went to the website listings, signed in, when to the tv listings and click a programme to record and it brings up a little box saying

I HAVE signed up, and I HAVE signed in and I HAVE followed the instructions to activate it!!
    :confused::suicide:

I dont know what's going on, anybody experienced anything similar or have any suggestions?!

thanks!!

2. Miss Chief

Miss Chief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    have you registered through the Sky box itself? interactive, Sky Customer Service, Remote Record?

3. llol_slim

llol_slim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    thanks, but i have yeah, and it still doesnt work.

Do I need to reset the box off?

4. eddyr

eddyr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I didn't need to perform any reset or anything- worked straight away pretty much.
    Sounds like something wrong/incorrect down the line, perhaps an enjoyable call to sky ;)

5. anar_baku

anar_baku
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the exact same problem - very, very annoying!!!

I have a Sky ID and I have activated remote record through the Sky box and I have tried on 3 PCs!

Tried to call Sky, gave up after 15 mins of wait.

If anyone has managed to resolve this issue, please share. Also, if you managed to get the mobile software for remote record for BlackBerry, please share that too. :lease:

6. Matty777

Matty777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Okay, I believe I can solve this for you, I have had the same teeth pulling experience :boring:

First see how many users on your account are registered at My Sky, ie you could have set up several accounts (which become guest users) You can find this out by using the forgotten username link, and type in any email that you may have used.

So just say you had one account the primary user and a secondary ie a guest (one you may have set up forgetting about the first and tried another username)

Well what ever you can ONLY have ONE phone number for EACH user on your account and they must all be different (even though it's not even used using the iphone app or internet method!)

So make sure the primary account is your main phone number and any other guest users on the account have different numbers! You can check in the edit Profile Info @ My Sky

Go on Sky Active from your box, go to Remote record and delete all profiles 4th option.

Go to Change mobile number and enter main account ie Primary user and make sure the phone number is correct or if none shown enter it. Now enter any other accounts (ie the guest ones) and make sure the numbers are different from the primary and also match any info you entered online @ My Sky in edit Profile Info.

It's quite complex to explain here, and I've made a hash of it but the jist is you can't have the same mobile number on primary and any guest accounts. The numbers must match between the Sky Active inputs and online at My Sky

I matched them all up and used different numbers for 3 users on my account (don't ask how I got Primary and 2 guest on my account!!) Once it all matched it worked both online and on the iPhone app :thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  7. anar_baku

anar_baku
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Matty,

Thanks for your help.

However, my problem was not due to multiple users.

I have now resolved my problem so hopefully this can help you as well.

Followed everything as suggested by Sky (i.e. get a MySky ID, register the user through your Sky box ensuring the mobile number is starting with +44...). The problem might be that you are registered as a guest user on sky.com. So login on sky.com using your MySky ID and see if you can see a "Upgrade my account" link on the left handside after you've logged in. If you can, then click on it and link your ID to your box by filling in the information requested. Your account should then be upgraded to the Primary User.

This should resolve it for you; try remote-record-ing something.

However, I had another problem after this - a message kept coming up whenever I tried to click on Remote Record, saying it can't record due to technical problems and that I try later. Not sure if this was really a service issue or something that was specific to my profile. Anyways, I called Sky and an engineer called me the next day. He didn't do anything, except for ask for my mother's maiden name that was apparently missing from my profile. After this it all worked OK.

So basically try upgrading your account to Primary User from Guest User. If this doesn't resolve your problem, call sky and check with them if your profile is all complete or if there's any information missing from it.

Good luck.

8. ed13

ed13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've just got it to work for me, and seeing as it took me 2 weeks to try and find a solution here's my two peneth... (My setup is Sky HD & iPod Touch using the SKY+ app btw).

Start from a clean sheet:
    1) Log in to sky.com - make sure you are the primary user (follow the instructions on the previous posts), and ALL fields are correctly filled in. It is very important that the phone number you enter is UNIQUE.

2) If you had previous / additional accounts set up whilst you were trying to get the damn thing working, make sure they all have different mobile numbers & emails attached to them - even if they are dummy entries for now...

3) Go to the 'Sky Active -> Remote Record' section as described in the previous posts, but this time choose 'Suspend User Profiles'. This will clear all previous associations. If it won't let you, or throws an error - you've most likely missed one of your profiles out.

4) Still in the 'Sky Active -> 'Remote Record' section, choose the 'Register My Sky Users' option. Enter the phone number of the primary user you set up earlier, and you 'should' be ready to go!!

I hope this works for people - it's a bit rushed, so sorry if it's all over the place. Drop me post if you need further explanation, or don't understand my jibberish...

Happy (remote) recording!!

9. astonkiller

astonkiller
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi this is my fist post this is making me :mad: got it all set up thought sky i am the only user,try to record thought sky+ on laptop and iphone whith sky web & tioti tv+and its works BUT all the recording say the the wrong timesay:thumbsdow i record something at 10.00am it shows on the planner at 11.00am,or record something at 8.00pm shows at 9.00pm so:(:( i miss everything or part rec i normally get about 4 min of a recording.please help me:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

10. thespirituk

thespirituk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone found a solution to this as I'm having exactly the same problem and it's really getting on my nerves now!

11. RichardOF

RichardOF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having the same problems with the times on the tioti listings being all wrong and also driving me mad! Would be a great app but now rendered totally useless by this glitch. Anyone solve this problem yet?