• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky remote record - 1x iPhone with 2x sky boxes?

p9ul

Distinguished Member
Anyone know if it's possible to use 1 iPhone to operate the remote record on 2 sky boxes in the same house (multiroom)

Is it possible by using 2 seperate apps? or is there 1 app that can do both boxes?

surfymark

I spoke to Sky about this some time ago. They claimed you could only make your main box record remotely. This was some time ago though.

M

iNspectorgadJet

You can most definitely use remote record for two Sky boxes in one household. However, you can only use remote record for one box per Sky login. So the simple answer, is set up your main account to use remote record on one box. Then set up an additional user and set up that account to remote record to your other box.
Then you can simply sign in to the iPhone app as whichever user you want to use remote record for. A little annoying but hey, it still works.
Alternatively, log onto the sky web site and change the remote record settings every time you need to use the alternative box. I would tell you exactly where to go to do it, but my profile has been a bit broken recently so I get an error when I go to www.sky.com/remoterecord.

SHATNERSTACTIC

Never knew that you could add users to your mysky account. Thanks!

Is it possible to use 'additional users' to get round the 2 device limit on SkyGo?

iNspectorgadJet

I have never tried it, but I don't think you will be able to because Sky Go is attached more attached to your primary account/package rather than a username and your additional users will only see that info if you give them rights to.

neilybealy

i read on their website that if you had 2 boxes on 1 sky account it asks you which viewing card you want to send the remote request to

iNspectorgadJet

It asks you that on the web site. You configure the user to send requests to a specific card number, and then whatever app that user signs into, it will send the request to the card associated to that user's profile.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom