1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ remote problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by dayloon, Jul 1, 2005.

1. dayloon

dayloon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    All of a sudden my sky+ remote has stopped controlling the sky+ box. It controls the TV OK. Before it stopped working my 9 month old daughter was messing about with it, pressing all the buttons. I wonder if she's pressed some kind of conbination of buttons which have made it stop functioning. Is there any way of resetting them or anything like that ? What could she possibly have done ?

2. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try taking the batteries out and leaving them for 15 minutes.If it still doesn't work can you try another remote? It may just be a coincidence and it is the box that is faulty.

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    There is a key sequence that switches the remote from Sky to Sky+ (or vice versa) on later Sky remotes. Removing the batteries (as suggested by Bluevanman) will should remedy this. You will have to re-program the remote so that it controls the TV after you've done this (it's in the Sky+ instructions).

She could have done far worse. If she had pressed the key sequence to change the LNB settings on the dish, it would have meant a £65 engineer call out.

4. scitech

scitech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am I missing something obvious or is it not possible that the little girl has pressed the TV button? Press the Sky button and see if it works then!

5. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Sometimes we overlook the most obvious solution because we assume that the person has already tried that. Maybe she hasn't ? :)

6. scitech

scitech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having worked on telephone helpdesks I've learnt never to assume the level of someone's knowledge. Unless I know different I assume a person is completely without knowledge ;) . It may sound patronising but take this case as an example - if she hasn't tried pressing the Sky button then she's wasted a lot of time trying to input codes and taking out batteries.