Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sky+ remote problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by soggs, Mar 9, 2005.

1. soggs

soggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +647
    I’m hoping someone out there can help me?!? I’m having problems with my Sky+ remote controlling the TV volume functions, it has been working fine for the last 6 months and then just stopped last night. I re-entered the code but still no joy, the strange thing is though that I can adjust the volume and use mute but only if I press the TV button on the remote first which I never had to do before. Any thoughts??? :lease:

2. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Sounds like the remote's 'faulty'. I'd take the batterys out for 30 mins & load it up with the code again. Obviously it can work so hopefully it's some sort of 'software issue' BTW are the batterys ok, & have they been changed recently & caused this glitch?

3. soggs

soggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +647
    Thanks for the suggestion, I must admit I didn't think about changing the batteries as it still seemed to operate Sky fine, I'll try that tonight.
    I have also found a different code for my make of TV which I'm sure is the code I originally used, the code I tried last night was via the interactive service.