Sky remote pairing

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by greenveg, Dec 2, 2018.

1. greenveg

greenveg
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,
    I have just bought a Samsung UE50NU7400 50ins. 4k smart tv. I am having problems pairing my Sky remote to the tv. Sky's website say that the code is 2079. My Sky remote is SKY HD rev.9f. I have gone through the procedure, but it does not work. Also, I cannot seem to find any settings on the tv to adjust brightness, contrast, colour etc. I would be grateful for any help.
    Regards.

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,446
    If your TV model is listed and you follow the correct programming procedure there's no reason I can think of why it won't work.
    I used the same code (2079) and the same revision of the remote to program a friends new Samsung QLED TV a few days ago.
    As to adjusting the brightness etc I suspect you need to go into the picture options and select a custom “User” profile.
    All this is explained in your TV's user guide.

3. greenveg

greenveg
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you for your reply. I have found the brightness etc., it is in the picture > expert settings. I have tried again to pair my sky remote , without success. On the sky remote, I press tv > select and red button together, blinks twice > enter 2079 > press select. I assumed that modern tv's have built in freeview. When I select tv mode I get tv plus. I cannot see any freeview channels. You may say that you don't need freeview if you have a sky HD box, but what if I terminated my sky contract, I don't know.

4. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,446
    On the Sky remote you need to press the “TV” button (upper left) first then the select & the red button until the LED blinks twice.
    Yes, your TV has Freeview but you need a terrestrial aerial plugged in...do you have an aerial?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  5. greenveg

greenveg
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I did press the tv button, I should have said this, instead of saying pressed TV. I have a rf cable coming from my chimney. I have plugged this into the only port which I think is correct, but all I can see is tv+, channels showing film previews.

6. greenveg

greenveg
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have sorted out all the problems. When I did the initial set up, I connected my sky box to the tv before switching on the tv for the first time. Apparently, this stops you from setting up the freeview channels. It explains this in the manual, but it says this further down the page. In my opinion it should say this first. I did a re setup and connected the sky box after freeview was set up. As regards to the remote pairing, I emailed Samsung, and they suggested that I call Sky for support. I gave Sky the model number and they said the code was 2079. We went through the correct procedure as I had been doing, but it still would not work. The person at Sky said to try code 0646, and it worked.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018