Sky Remote Network problem

paul777

Sky Remote Network problem, would I be right in saying this is a Sky fault as my downloads keep failing and the fault says Remote Network problem. they only partially download and I have to hit record button to resume download it's happening all the time ever since they gave me this refurbished box. The old one was fine just that sky+reminders were not working Sky insisted on the phone I was the only one with the problem and it was the box, but we all know it's the new EPG, anyway basically am I correct or wrong about this Remote Network problem?

logiciel

It's still a Sky HD machine, isn't it?;)

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
Now we are in the correct forum let's get down to the crux of the problem:-

a) Who is your ISP?
b) What download speeds do you normally get?
c) From your description this happens when you are watching as the programme downloads?

paul777

Now we are in the correct forum let's get down to the crux of the problem:-

a) Who is your ISP?
b) What download speeds do you normally get?
c) From your description this happens when you are watching as the programme downloads?
Virgin 30meg and and no just happens Neil had no problem with my old box recording and downloading so I am beginning to wonder if it's all tied in with the new EPG problem, but I really have no idea apart from it is definately not my internet connection speed.

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
I wasn't referring to speed, per se, but Virgin, and others, are famous for throttling/traffic shaping largish downloads during busy periods - and we are in the Olympics period.............

paul777

New box fitted and all is fine fingers crossed, Must have been the refurbished box I got that was the problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom