Sky remote knocking TV off AV channel

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by natto, Aug 21, 2005.

1. natto

natto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've got a strange problem with my Sky remote. I've got the Sky box plugged into our Sony KEP37M1 plasma via the RGB scart. Every time I press the TV guide button the TV switches onto channel 6, and I have to then change the AV channel using the remote control for hte TV to get continue watching Sky.

This exact same problem happened with our older Sony TV (sorry, don't know the make but it was a 29" 4:3 format one, fairly old). With this old TV, I "solved" the problem by plugging the Sky into the TV via a normal arial lead.

I've tried reprogramming the remote for a Sony TV but none of the codes I found fixed the issue. The closest I got was disabling the function where the Sky control could control the TV but this isn't ideal as I can't change the volume using the Sky control.

Any ideas? The Sky box (it's Sky digital, not Sky+) is a Thomson.

Thanks.

2. Heinz

Heinz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Your remote has (at some time in the past) been programmed with a macro to switch the TV to channel 6. You need to delete it (obviously).

To do so, press 'tv' and then hold 'select' and the green button together for around two seconds (until the red light blinks twice). Then press select again (red light blinks twice).

N.B. Programming the macro is not affected by changes to the TV code - hence you doing that has not worked.

3. natto

natto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That fixed it - many thanks for your help.

Paul